Home > Conference Information > Vendor Information
ARARA 2017 Conference
The Lodge at Eagle Crest
June 1–5, 2017
Vendor Application Deadline: April 1, 2017
As with previous conferences, we require those interested in Vendor tables to apply for a table in advance by completing the Vendor's Application Form. Vendor regulations are summarized below.
The Vendor Area will be secured at all times.
Space for the Vendor Area is provided to further the educational goals of ARARA and to promote distinguished use of rock art imagery in arts and crafts. The Vendor Committee manages a juried process of allocating vendor space. In reviewing Vendor Applications, the committee will strive to meet the tangible points of the criteria listed below and the intangible goal of artistic excellence. The decision of the committee is final.
Criteria for the allocation of vendor space:
1. All items in the Vendor Area must be related to rock art.
2. All vendors must be members of ARARA.
3. First preference will be given to non-profit organizations whose goals are consistent with those of ARARA, provided their materials are related to rock art.
4. Priority will be given to those Vendors selling educational materials, i.e., books, monographs, research reports, videos, CDs, software, and related educational materials.
5. Arts and crafts spaces will be allocated based on a juried competition that considers the type of product, the range of prices, the quality and artistic merit of the work, and the ethical or appropriate use of rock art imagery.
6. All artwork must be created by the Vendor. Vendors will be asked to remove any artwork made by others.
7. NOTE: Oregon does not collect sales tax.
8. Vendors are asked to donate a commission of $25 per table plus 10% of gross sales over $250 to help defray the costs of providing the vendor space. The minimum commission of $25 is payable in advance with the Vendor Application. The 10% commission will also be due before you tear down your booth.
9. Vendors are expected to follow the rules as established by the Vendor Committee. These include observing the posted times when vending is permitted and ensuring the security of the Vendor Area.
10. ARARA may choose to provide complimentary vendor space for informational purposes to companies introducing new products and technologies that are deemed to be of interest to the membership.
11. NO late applications will be accepted.
The American Rock Art Research Association encourages artists to take ethical responsibility when rock art images are incorporated into their work. ARARA encourages artists to show respect for the cultures of Native Peoples. Artists are encouraged to sign, date, and label their works incorporating rock art images. ARARA encourages artists to accompany their work with educational material and general provenience whenever it is exhibited or vended.
Application Process: Please complete the Vendor Application Form and submit it with a deposit of $25, which will be applied toward your sales commission. We prefer that you use our online system to submit your application and payment. If you are unable to submit online, download the PDF version of the form from the link at the bottom of this page and send it with your payment by check payable to ARARA. All Vendor Applications must be received by April 1, 2017.
First-time Vendors should also submit a product portfolio (clear photographs, product brochures, or other supporting material) and any additional supporting documentation you think will help the Vendor Committee reach its decision. Vendors accepted for space at ARARA conferences since 1996 need not include a portfolio with their applications—please indicate that your portfolio was reviewed and accepted in 1996 or later. Please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope if you want your materials returned.
and pay using a credit card or your PayPal account.
Deadline: April 1, 2017
Patti Genack: firstname.lastname@example.org
(719) 485-3449, please leave a message if you don't reach me
If you cannot submit your application online, download a PDF form at this link:
2017 Vendor Form (PDF)